cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection agency no longer holds debt. Should they remove it from my report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection agency no longer holds debt. Should they remove it from my report?

I have a medical debt that is legit, and when I called the collection agency on the letter, they said that they no longer hold the debt and that the original holder (hospital) was responsible for it now. The collection agency is still listed on my credit report; should they be removed since it is no longer an account?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Collection agency no longer holds debt. Should they remove it from my report?

No, they don't have to delete.  Send them GW letters asking for them to do so.

I would pay the OC ASAP to prevent another CA popping up on your CR.

Message 2 of 5
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

Re: Collection agency no longer holds debt. Should they remove it from my report?

Ditto! Pay it asap and ask them to contact the collection agengy and ask the to removeit  from the credit report.

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the most luck filing a claim with the BBB. There is a thread on here about EOS-CCA help.. It is long, but scan through it and find some info about reporting to the BBB. It worked for me within a few days. Now I am just waiting for it to be removed from my reports.  Page 3 touches on it.. Page 7 a little further.. 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/EOS-CCA-HELP/td-p/1629510

Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.