Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection agency not responding to my PFD letters

tag
if6was9
Established Member

Collection agency not responding to my PFD letters

I've been trying to negotiate a Pay for Delete with a collection agency (American Collections Enterprise) to remove a medical debt on my wife's reports. It's been a year already and I've sent 3 letters offering to pay in full in exchange for a delete and I've received no response from them whatsoever. I've had success with PFD's in the past, so I'm a little confused on what to do now. Should I just call and try to negotiate over the phone? I've been trying to avoid this but it's been too long and we need it gone so she can get a car loan ASAP. 

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Collection agency not responding to my PFD letters

I would just call them and ask over the phone.  Is it outside of suing SOL?

Message 2 of 11
if6was9
Established Member

Debt is 4 yearsl old. 

Message 3 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I don't know your states SOL.  But calling them isn't going to hurt anything.  All they can do is say no.

Message 4 of 11
if6was9
Established Member

Yeah, I think that's probably the best thing to do. Thanks for your feedback.

Message 5 of 11
kjel
Established Contributor

I had a similar collection and no response so I just called in. The rep let me know that they received my letters but they don't generally do PFDs. The rep  went to ask her supervisor though who told her no but she might have considered it had it been inside the 30 day window of the original notice which I never received since it was missing my apartment number. I just paid it off and now am sending GW letters every other week.

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 6 of 11
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

I'm sending GW letters to the same company for my husband. No response yet. The account has been paid since 2011. I'm sending another out this weekend.

I would love to hear updates about your progress with this CA, if any.Smiley Happy

Starting Scores: (4/16/12 lender pull) TU 596 | EX 550 | EQ 576
Current Score (9/3/15): Wally TU 639 | Amex EX 628 | DCU EQ 639
Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 7 of 11
if6was9
Established Member

@Ravensfan2001 wrote:

I'm sending GW letters to the same company for my husband. No response yet. The account has been paid since 2011. I'm sending another out this weekend.

I would love to hear updates about your progress with this CA, if any.Smiley Happy

I'll let you know how it goes. I really do not want to pay unless they delete, but I've been reading about this agency and haven't heard good things about them. If we had more time, I guess we could just wait until the collection is sold to a different agency, but we need that removed soon as we need a new car. 

Message 8 of 11
icloud2525
Frequent Contributor

I would say call too. Was in the same postion you were in, CA not reponding to letters, called and had it done in 15 minutes.

Chase Sapphire Reserve $32.5K, Amex BCP $20K, Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Hilton Surpass $13,500, Amex Hilton $16,200, Discover it $16,000, Citi TYP $18,900, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $12,000, Virgin Atlantic World Elite MC $13,100, Merrill+ Visa Sig $10,000, Fidelity Visa Sig $14,000, Barclay Cash Forward $16,500, Wells Fargo Rewards $12,500, Local CU $7000, Barclay Apple Rewards $5500, Chase Freedom $5000,-- EQ FICO 768, EX FICO 777, TU FICO 781
Message 9 of 11
if6was9
Established Member

Did they delete after you paid? Did they agree to this over the phone? How did it work?
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.