Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection agency options with Medical Collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection agency options with Medical Collection

Hi, My husband had 3 medical collections with same company. 

I disputed with equifax and just got the info that it has been deleted on credit file. Showed up deleted on credit karma today.  I had him call collection agency and pay the remaining 47. They refuse to take it and say they want the full payment for 3 debt.  They want a letter from the hospital?  Can they do this? What should we do. I really do not want to call hospital about this in case they want to just put it back on there.

Thanks

Tara

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection agency options with Medical Collection

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, My husband had 3 medical collections with same company. 

I disputed with equifax and just got the info that it has been deleted on credit file. Showed up deleted on credit karma today.  I had him call collection agency and pay the remaining 47. They refuse to take it and say they want the full payment for 3 debt.  They want a letter from the hospital?  Can they do this? What should we do. I really do not want to call hospital about this in case they want to just put it back on there.

Thanks

Tara

What I would be doing here is entering into an agreement with the OC to a payment plan in exchange for recalling their collectors.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

They said they could not do that but gave us option to apply for help through hospital
Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
They said they could not do that but gave us option to apply for help through hospital

Ok then I would do that to see if you can clear it that way. I will give you the normal procedures to follow on medical collections

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.