cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection attempt but not reported on my CR how do I pay in full and make sure it's not reported?

tag
Student_Loans_Kill
Frequent Contributor

Collection attempt but not reported on my CR how do I pay in full and make sure it's not reported?

Do I need to send a letter with payment?  What are my steps here. I have a collection letter for an old debt from time warner cable. Is there any way to pay this and not have it report?

Starting Score: 656
Current Score: 678 TU 08, 665 EQ MyFico, 698 EX PSECU
Goal Score: 7OO needed for Mortgage application

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Collection attempt but not reported on my CR how do I pay in full and make sure it's not reporte

@Student_Loans_Kill wrote:

Do I need to send a letter with payment?  What are my steps here. I have a collection letter for an old debt from time warner cable. Is there any way to pay this and not have it report?

How old is the debt ~ what is the DOFD from the account ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 7
Student_Loans_Kill
Frequent Contributor

Re: Collection attempt but not reported on my CR how do I pay in full and make sure it's not reporte

There is no DOFD, they never reported it. I just got a letter that stated

We have previously notified you about the above referenced account which remains unpaid. A credit reporting agency has indicated that an inquiry has been made on your credit report. We hope that you are now in a better position to pay the above aaccount.

The also give me an online registration code which comes up invalid when I try to pay online

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is always a DOFD.  The DOFD is the date you first missed a payment with Time Warner.  When was that?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, I can't believe they admitted in their letter that they are now contacting you based on subscribing to your credit alerts.  Do we know for sure that opting out eliminates their ability to do this?

Message 5 of 7
Student_Loans_Kill
Frequent Contributor

Re: Collection attempt but not reported on my CR how do I pay in full and make sure it's not report

I just paid in full with VISA. I told them I don't want it reported to the CRAs. He was very nice and said I was taken out of collections today and it would not be reported to the 3 major credit bureaus if it was not reported already.

Message 6 of 7
Student_Loans_Kill
Frequent Contributor

I opted out. But this was a bill I am almost certain for a FEMA disaster cable box that was destryoed in a flood. When I called in 2006 they said it was taken off my account because of the house flood and FEMA disaster. 

Oh Well lesson learned, I paid it in full, no harm no foul. Now I can sleep at night knowing i wont get an email with a collections and a 100 point score drop

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.