Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection being reported with incorrect dates

tag
Misses_November
Contributor

Collection being reported with incorrect dates

I have a collection from T-Mobile that has been placed with Convergent Outsourcing.  This account was placed into collections a minimum of 6 years ago, however the collection has been deleted and re-reported to my credit report at least 3 times.  This most recent time, they are showing the date of last activity AND the last payment as March of 2015!!!  I don't think they can legally do this, can they???  If not, how do I get them to report CORRECT dates and info?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Collection being reported with incorrect dates

You can always dispute any information reported to a CRA thst you consider inaccurate.

Date of last activity is not usually disputable.  It is only the date that something was last done on the account.

However, date of last payment is a concrete date/event that would be disputalbe.

I would not question the "legaility," only the accuracy.

Reporting of information that is determined to be inaccurate is not per se a violation of the FCRA unless you have evidence that they reported information with knowledge at the time of their reporting that it was inaccurate.   Stick to contesting accuracy, not legality.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection being reported with incorrect dates

@Misses_November wrote:

I have a collection from T-Mobile that has been placed with Convergent Outsourcing.  This account was placed into collections a minimum of 6 years ago, however the collection has been deleted and re-reported to my credit report at least 3 times.  This most recent time, they are showing the date of last activity AND the last payment as March of 2015!!!  I don't think they can legally do this, can they???  If not, how do I get them to report CORRECT dates and info?

I would certainly dispute it if you did not make a payment on March 2015.

Some CA's pull that trick, hoping you will contact them and make a payment, given that your account is probably past or near the SOL for your state then making any payment may reset the SOL

I would CMRRR each CRA and say something like "Date of last payment is listed as March 2015 but should be this other date"

Best of luck!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.