cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection company calling 10 years later- Scam?

tag
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Collection company calling 10 years later- Scam?

image.jpg

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

They removed my Transunion but have not touched equifaz. Why is equifax always so slow???
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

In Ohio, the SOL is 6 years from what I've read. So I should be okay to ignore this one.. It can't show up on my credit report because it was more than 7 years ago, correct?

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

It can show up, my state is TEXAS and the limit on SOL is 5 years and they still reported it. They are not very folllow the Rules FRIENDLY! Most collection companies break laws daily it is up to you to stay on them because obviously nobody enforces the LAWS that are in place.  I dispute through BBB, Consumer Finance.gov and my State Attorney General Office that is how you can make sure they are following laws governed. 

Message 14 of 17
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Texas SOL is 4 years, which has nothing to do with whether or not something can be reported to the CRA's. A d3bt can be reported for up to 7.5 years from the Date of First Delinquency (DoFD).
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

How ironic I received a letter today from ICS stating I owe on a 10+yr old us bank over draft fee. I did overdraft but it fell off my report years ago.
Should I just ignore it?
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

No ask for debt to be validated and make a complaint with the agencies I listed above. They are a pesky collection agency who does not follow rules, laws or regulations.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.