Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection company causes 105 pt drop in my fico

tag
chrisnreno
New Visitor

Collection company causes 105 pt drop in my fico

After working several years to recover from BK I got my score up to 758.

Recently I contracted with a company to install a fountain in my front yard.  Long story short they never finished. Recently I was out of town when I got back there was a letter from a collection company saying the account was in collections and I needed to call them ASAP. I called them and sent a letter explaining the work is not done, that I am disputing the charges and nothing is owed.

I just found out that I got denied a credit line because of my fico score this will impact my small business. Recently there was a case where a collection company was sued for wrongfully trying to collect an account and effecting the guy's credit score.  Does anybody know this case? If so can you provide a link? Or does anyone have any thoughts how to best proceed with this collection company?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Collection company causes 105 pt drop in my fico

Moving to rebuilding credit forum
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection company causes 105 pt drop in my fico

You would seem to have a billing issue from the company that didn't finish the work.  I would consult expert legal advice on this one.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.