cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection company has got a hold of my cell number for my parents collections!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection company has got a hold of my cell number for my parents collections!!!!

Long story so I will keep it short::

My parents are under some very hard times.  Some how a collection company has gotten a hold my my cell number and is calling 4 to 5 times a day, for a debit that my mother has.  I have called them explaining that my mother lives in another state and I have little contact with them.  I have given them her number but they will not stop calling and harassing me.  They are accusing my of being my mother and not paying my bills.  LOL 

My question is I need a letter to send them so they will stop harassing me and my mother.  I told her not to pay a thing until the bill is validated.  I also told her we need to send out a letter of stop harassing her and me.  And I need a letter for PFD, so I can start helping them work on there FICO scores.

I have no idea how they got my cell number.  I think they might of gotten it off my credit report since my mother consigned a car loan 9 years ago for me.  Can they do that? Pull a credit report on me to find someone else.  I noticed on my credit report a weird inquiry on my credit report about the same time I started receiving these calls.

Any help given in this matter would be greatly need

Michelle

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection company has got a hold of my cell number for my parents collections!!!!

Send the CA a letter No PHONE calls  to (your cell #). I am not the person that you are trying to locate!

Send it CMRRR

Your mother needs to pull her CR and find out the DOFD/DOLA and her SOL before doing anything.

Never talk to a CA!!!  Never  give any info to a CA!!!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection company has got a hold of my cell number for my parents collections!!!!

MichelleRichards65 wrote:

Can they do that? Pull a credit report on me to find someone else.  I noticed on my credit report a weird inquiry on my credit report about the same time I started receiving these calls.

Only if you are joint account holder or co-signer on the account they are collecting.

Find out what the weird inquiry is and if it is this company, file suit.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope the account that we had joint is not the account that is in collections. The hard pull is from the collection CO that is trying to collect that debit on my mother

Michelle

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would they possibly have any debt of yours trying to collect on it?

If not, I would send the non-PP letter CMRRR right away.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will have to send out a non-PP letter CMRRR.  Do you have a good copy of one?

Michelle

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

No debit of mine.  I don't have any collections.   The oldest collection I had was from 5 years ago and it is paid in full.  Could not PFD with them oh well. 
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you click "Freq. Requested Threads" link in my signature and look for the non-PP thread or non-authorized inquiry thread.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.