cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection company

tag
Rollo

Collection company

I just received a collection call from SW Credit Services. They were calling regarding a Comcast account I had, and said I owe $10.03. I said excuse me, I have not had Comcast for almost 9 months now, and this is the FIRST time I am made aware of this. She said is your address such and such, and I said no. The address they have for me is clear across the country. She said you never lived at this address? I replied I have lived at my present address for 7 years now, and my service with Comcast was for this address only. She said well this has been reported to the credit bureau. I told her this better not been reporting on my credit report. She asked would you like to pay now, and get this matter taken care of? No, I would not.  I want to have some explanation on why I owe Comcast $10.03. She said so you are refusing to pay? I said yes, until you provide me with proof of what you are talking about. She states, well I am going to make note you are refusing to pay and will disconnect the call now.

How can I dispute this, when I have never been given a letter/notice? How can this be placed on my credit, when the address they have is incorrect? 

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.