Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection debt updated to a lower amount

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection debt updated to a lower amount

Hey all,

I've been lurking on this website for a little bit, and have been so appreciative of what I've learned from this community, so thank you.

I've been trying to improve my credit and there is a collections from Cavalary Portfolio on it. The OC is Citi and the amount is $571, but a few months back my credit reports updated with a $411 amount. I believe it's the result of a settlement Citi has to pay for their credit monitoring services a few years back.

Anyways, the SOL is up, but since I'm trying to improve my credit, I'm trying my luck on getting the collection deleted either by disputing or PFD. I'm assuming that since the debt amount has been updated for a lower amount, sending a DV letter won't benefit me. They have been sending the letters to an old address, so I'm not sure if that helps my case any. Also, I read on here that I could see if they are registered in my state (TX) and if they aren't I can go the BBB for deletion. 

Based on the given information, what is the best way for me to get the collection of my reports? Thank you in advance.

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.