Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection deleted from EQ!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection deleted from EQ!

The finish line is almost in sight for me! Last month transunion agreed to EE for my last collection and two old student loan accounts that had multiple lates on them. I disputed the collection with Equifax because it was showing as an open account when it was actually paid and closed. Well today I refreshed my EQ report and see that they have deleted the account!! I couldn't be happier! My score went from 668 to 689 overnight. Not a huge bump but it does put me in the "good" category finally! EX is the final bureau showing this collection and I'm really hoping to have good karma with them too. I asked for EE last month and they told me no. Maybe they will say yes this time if I ask really nicely and tell them that TU and EQ have both deleted. Could happen LOL. Thanks for all the help folks. This time last year all my scores were barely touching 600 and I had multiple collections and 1 CC to my name. Now I have some prime lenders under my belt and an new house to show for all my credit clean up work! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection deleted from EQ!

Experian said yes as well!!!!! NO MORE COLLECTIONS on my reports! YAAAAAYYYY!!!

Message 2 of 5
cmony787
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Experian said yes as well!!!!! NO MORE COLLECTIONS on my reports! YAAAAAYYYY!!!

Nice work and what a great feeling.

Persistency and Patience is the key to this whole rebuilding effort.

Job well done!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!! Way to go! I have a question for you guys:
I have one collection account left on my TU report. It says IIB with a balance of $0. I wanted it removed altogether but the dispute came back as verified. I know that the creditors are not obligated to remove the account as long as it says IIB but I just wanted to see if anyone has an idea on how to go about removing it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys!
Message 4 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats! That should be a nice lift on your scores!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.