cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection deleted/removed; No score increase.

tag
erickedgar
Established Member

Collection deleted/removed; No score increase.

I had a collection show up a couple months ago, for a pretty old debt. I sent a DV, citing the Texas finance code. The letter was sent via certified mail. After more than 45 days, I haven't received a response.
Here's my issue. The item was removed/ deleted from my credit, which is good. However, my score didn't increase. Is this normal? Initially, my score did drop when the collection showed up.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection deleted/removed; No score increase.

@erickedgar wrote:
I had a collection show up a couple months ago, for a pretty old debt. I sent a DV, citing the Texas finance code. The letter was sent via certified mail. After more than 45 days, I haven't received a response.
Here's my issue. The item was removed/ deleted from my credit, which is good. However, my score didn't increase. Is this normal? Initially, my score did drop when the collection showed up.

If its your only CA the score should have recovered as soon as the TL was deleted. This is true for FICOs, FAKOs have some funny characteristics.

Message 2 of 3
dlee425

Re: Collection deleted/removed; No score increase.

Had the same problem. Hospital send a bill over to a CA last month. Score dropped by 54 points. Well it was a mistake and the hospital pulled it. So its gone. Well score only went backup by 8 points.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.