Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection deletion - Success!

tag
Fraction
Valued Member

Collection deletion - Success!

I only recently started looking really hard into my credit a couple of months ago when I found this forum. I saw that I had a collection account from 2013 on my EQ and TU that was really holding me down (plus a grip of lates, but I was stupid so I'll just have to wait for those to fall off).

Anyway, after reading through almost every post on this site, I felt encouraged enough to write a goodwill letter to the collection agency, Alliant Group. I searched on here for anyone who had dealings with them prior and couldn't find anything. I googled them and found a site, and an email form for contacting them. I filled it out a couple of weeks ago and sent it in thinking "there's no way this works".

Come today, and they had sent a letter to my mom's house. I open it up hoping that I hadn't poked the bear. Instead, the letter said that they recognized the account as paid in full and they would submit a deletion request to the credit bureaus. I'm so excited to get that collection deleted 3 years before it would have fallen off naturally! Thanks to everyone who comes to this forum daily with great advice and encouraging words. You are really helping so many people out!
Starting Scores: EQ - 624/TU - 627/EX - 645 (2/10/17)
Current Scores: EQ - 723/TU - 728/EX - 736 (5/8/18)
Goal Scores: 725 on all
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection deletion - Success!

Sweet, enjoy ")
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.