Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection deletion question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection deletion question

So I had a collection account with Rev-1 Soluations. I called and paid it and was told the account would be deleted entirely but not it is showing as paid. It appears that they did not delete it. Do they update them as paid and then delete??
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection deletion question

Typically, they will update the report as paid first and the next month it should come off the report. If it doesn't you can either call the company or submit a dispute online with the letter showing it should be deleted if you have one and see what happens. 

Message 2 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Did the debt collector actually agree, prior to payment and as a condition for payment, that they would delete their reported collection once payment was received?

If not, then there is no enforceable contract provision that thereafter requires deletion.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, they agreed to delete for payment.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The collections agency cant guaranty deletion. Its up to the bureau to do so. And in most cases they will not. 

Lets us know what happens, im in the **bleep** for a stupid $400 collection ive been disputing and if possible id pay for delete.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked today and it was deleted!
Message 6 of 7
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on the deletion!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.