Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection dispute

tag
tictoc
Contributor

Collection dispute

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum Smiley Happy so bear with me if I don't understand some of the abbreviations..OK so I have a question, I disputed an account with experian that said I never paid them which in fact I did and got it deleted but when I checked my score with the 3 credit agencies TransUnion and Equifax they are showing the account with a zero balance now and it says "potentially negative closed" Smiley Sad  Equifax shows a high balance of $284.00 and TransUnion shows $514.00...Is there anyway that I can get this account taken off the other 2 credit agencies since I've disputed it and got it taken off from experian??

Thanks

Starting Score: Ex: 580 EQ: 608 myfico TU: 585
Current Score: Ex: 694 fcr.com EQ FICO: 663 TU: Unk
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection dispute

The collection must report accurately. The dispute corrected the tradeline by reporting as paid on the other two CRAs, and it was lucky that EX deleted. The step to take is to send a GW letter to the collection directly asking them if they wouldn't mind deleting.

ETA....

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

Message 2 of 5
tictoc
Contributor

Ok so I would be sending a GW letter to the company on my CR showing the account right?? and should I mention anything about the balances being completely different in hopes that they will delete it?

Thanks for your help llecs!!

Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, send a GW to whomever is reporting as paid (collection in this case).

IMO, ignore the "high balances". High balances refer to the highest balance reported. The difference could be explained by one CR updating more than the other.

Message 4 of 5
tictoc
Contributor

Oh ok thanks I will try writing the GW letters and hope this works!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.