cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection expires next month, how to have it removed April 1st?

tag
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

Collection expires next month, how to have it removed April 1st?

I have a junk collection expiring from EX in April (according to my EX report). Its my only real baddie (30 day lates are all over 4 years old).

I want to do PSECU and AmEx. How can I have it removed as early in the month as possible?

------------------------------------------------

What's in my wallet?

Apple, Amex Biz Plat/BBC/BCP/Schwab/Plat/Gold, NFCU Flagship/Plat, Spark Biz, PenFed, CSR, and more
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Collection expires next month, how to have it removed April 1st?

They have till the end of the month to remove it.

I suppose you could call EX and ask if they would but I don't see them being too helpful.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was anticipating a collection on my report that was due to fall off March 2011 according to EX.  I sent them a letter about a week ago with a copy of the report that stated the fall off date, and noticed it was off today.  I would try that, they might do it the first week in April...who knows?  it's worth a shot...

Message 3 of 10
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

I've considered opening a dispute on April 1. I like your idea. Maybe April 1 I'll mail a copy of my report and a letter. What did your letter say?

What's in my wallet?

Apple, Amex Biz Plat/BBC/BCP/Schwab/Plat/Gold, NFCU Flagship/Plat, Spark Biz, PenFed, CSR, and more
Message 4 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The wording of FCRA 605(a) is that derogs "fall-off" after the expiration period.  If the expiration period expires in April, then mandatory CR removal kicks in as of May. It could continue to appear until April 30th. 

There would be nothing to dspute unless and until you have evidence that, at some time after the end of March, the CRA actually issued a credit report that contained the CA.

If you want the press the issue, then order your CR in April, and see if it is still included.  If it is, then file a letter of FCRA 605(a)(4) violaltion with the CRA.  Dont file a dispute of inaccuracy of information rep;orted to your CR.  The issue is not one of accuracy of reporting of information, but rather one of CRA compliance with FCRA 605(a).

Message 5 of 10
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

I figured they had all month to do so. The worst they can do is ignore my letter. I'll ask nicely.

What's in my wallet?

Message 6 of 10
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

Of course, their report wording says, "This account is scheduled to continue on record until Apr 2011", "until" meaning "up to the point in time mentioned", rather than "through".

I think I have a decent shot :-)

What's in my wallet?

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep...mine said  "This account is scheduled to continue on record until March 2011."  I sent a copy of the page of my report that said that.  I highlighted the fall off date included a copy of my drivers license and wrote this:

Dear Experian,

I have discovered inaccurate information on my credit report. The report is in my name _______ and my Social Security number is ______.  Regarding an account on my credit report from ____________.

Enclosed, please find a copy of my credit report containing the mistaken data. I have highlighted the errors. Specifically, the following information is wrong:  This account is due to be removed from my credit report in March 2011.  Please remove this account based on the information provided for the __________ trade line.

Thank you

Name

Etc...

Hope this helps your case...I wouldn't dispute anything either...just a friendly reminder to them won't hurt.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe someone can answer this question for me?

How would we ensure that EQ & TU will remove the same info that EX removed?  Is EX obligated to communicate anything with the other bureaus?

Thanks for the help...

Message 9 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You can't.  Each CRA operates of its own accord and does not, nor is obligated to, communicate the with each other.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.