caligryl

Re: Collection from 2003

Thanks for all of the responses, everyone!  They were very helpful..And they were all very different lol!  I definitely want to make an informed decision.  I am starting from the ground up trying to rebuild my credit and I do not want to do anything that will keep me from achieving success!

I definitely have a lot to think about!

Frequent Contributor
seigex

[ Edited ]

RobertEG wrote:

I tend to agree with the point made by rckstrscott.

If its a legitimate debt, CR exclusion does not make it "go away."

Sure, you can send a cease communication letter, blocking any further communication with you.  Yes, it is beyond SOL, so you legally dont have to pay.

But there is something to be said, when asked by a creditor if you have any old, delinquent debt, of being able to respond "no."

CR exclusion does not mean no unpaid, delinquent debt, just that it is not readily discoverable by a simple pull of your CR.

It is not, in my opinion, on the same par as junk mail.

you have a right to your opinion, and if it were the original debtor attempting a collection, I would absolutely agree... but I don't feel bad not paying $60 to someone who has no entitlement to the debt other than they likely bought it for $5 (or less) after it's been through another 10 CA hands in the last 9 years...

Lender Pull (11/3/12) FICO EX: 740 EQ: 680 TU: 702

NFCU VISA $17.5k / USAA AMEX $6k / USAA AMEX $4k / USAA VISA $4k / CHASE FREEDOM $3k / Capital One $500
Frequent Contributor
seigex

caligryl wrote:

Thanks for all of the responses, everyone!  They were very helpful..And they were all very different lol!  I definitely want to make an informed decision.  I am starting from the ground up trying to rebuild my credit and I do not want to do anything that will keep me from achieving success!

I definitely have a lot to think about!

ultimate decision is yours! good luck with your journey, it's a very rewarding one when you start realizing the results!

Lender Pull (11/3/12) FICO EX: 740 EQ: 680 TU: 702

NFCU VISA $17.5k / USAA AMEX $6k / USAA AMEX $4k / USAA VISA $4k / CHASE FREEDOM $3k / Capital One $500

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}