Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection from 2003

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection from 2003

Thanks for all of the responses, everyone!  They were very helpful..And they were all very different lol!  I definitely want to make an informed decision.  I am starting from the ground up trying to rebuild my credit and I do not want to do anything that will keep me from achieving success!

I definitely have a lot to think about!

Message 11 of 13
ceejx
Established Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

I tend to agree with the point made by rckstrscott.

If its a legitimate debt, CR exclusion does not make it "go away."

Sure, you can send a cease communication letter, blocking any further communication with you.  Yes, it is beyond SOL, so you legally dont have to pay.

But there is something to be said, when asked by a creditor if you have any old, delinquent debt, of being able to respond "no."

CR exclusion does not mean no unpaid, delinquent debt, just that it is not readily discoverable by a simple pull of your CR.

It is not, in my opinion, on the same par as junk mail.

you have a right to your opinion, and if it were the original debtor attempting a collection, I would absolutely agree... but I don't feel bad not paying $60 to someone who has no entitlement to the debt other than they likely bought it for $5 (or less) after it's been through another 10 CA hands in the last 9 years...

Message 12 of 13
ceejx
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for all of the responses, everyone!  They were very helpful..And they were all very different lol!  I definitely want to make an informed decision.  I am starting from the ground up trying to rebuild my credit and I do not want to do anything that will keep me from achieving success!

I definitely have a lot to think about!

ultimate decision is yours! good luck with your journey, it's a very rewarding one when you start realizing the results!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.