Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection from EOS CCA (ATT) question.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection from EOS CCA (ATT) question.

Hello everyone.  

I have a debt I do owe to ATT for $600 from back in late 2008 early 2009.

It first showed up 03/2009 on my credit report all 3 CRAs.  I then noticed in late 2011 there were two collection accounts from ATT.  So I took some advice from a forum and disputed them as a duplicate, they were both deleted for over 5 months.   credit score went from 629 to 731.  

Now today I recieved a letter from EOS CCA saying that I owe them 600$.   I checked the 3 CRAs, yep!  All three have the debt reported.  

What should I do now.   A PFD or a DV?  I know I messed up, I lost my job, and could not pay the bill.   I would like to be done with all of this.   

Should I send this letter in?   or a PFD

Your Name
Address
City, Zip State

EOS CCA
700 Longwater Drive
Norwell, MA 02061

Date

Re: # (Enter the file name here)

Sent by Certified Mail Return Receipt Request #: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

To Whom It May Concern: 

This letter is being sent to you in response to a notice sent to me dated (write the date here). Be advised that this is not a refusal to pay, but a notice sent pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (b) that your claim is disputed and validation is requested. 

This is NOT a request for “verification” or proof of my mailing address, but a request for VALIDATION made pursuant to the above named Title and Section. Be advised that this letter constitutes a timely request for validation of debt as mandated byFDCPA. I respectfully request that your offices provide me with competent evidence that I have any legal obligation to pay you. 

Please provide me with the following: 

• Complete payment history, the requirement of which has been established via Spears v Brennan 745 N.E.2d 862; 2001 Ind. App. LEXIS 509 and 
• Agreement that bears the signature of the alleged debtor wherein he agreed to pay the original creditor.
• Itemized account of the alleged debt, as established by Fields v. Wilber Law Firm, P.C., 383 F.3d 562, 564-66 (7th Cir. 2004)
• Letter of sale or assignment from the original creditor to your company. (Agreement with your client that grants you the authority to collect on this alleged debt.)
• Intimate knowledge of the creation of the alleged debt by you, the collection agency

At this time I will also inform you that if your offices have reported invalidated information to any of the 3 major Credit Bureau’s (Equifax, Experian or TransUnion) this action might constitute fraud under both Federal and State Laws. Due to this fact, if any negative mark is found on any of my credit reports by your company or the company that you represent I will not hesitate in bringing legal action against you for the following: 

• Violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act 
• Violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act 
• Defamation of Character 

If your offices are able to provide the proper documentation as requested in the following Declaration, I will require at least 30 days to investigate this information and during such time all collection activity must cease and desist. 

Also during this validation period, if any action is taken which could be considered detrimental to any of my credit reports, I will file suit against you without further notice. If you make a “hard pull” on any of my credit reports and cause my FICO score to drop, you will be sued without further notice.

I would also like to request, in writing, that no telephone contact be made by your offices to my home, cell phone or place of employment. If your offices attempt telephone communication with me, including but not limited to computer generated calls and calls or correspondence sent to or with any third parties, it will be considered harassment and I will have no choice but to file suit. All future communications with me MUST be done in writing and sent to the address noted in this letter by USPS. 

Your next contact with me should either be: 

I. notice that you believe that this debt is valid and are providing therein documented proof of my responsibility, or

II. notice that your firm andor the alleged original creditor has failed to provide appropriate verification of the alleged debt andor proof of transfer, and that the matter has been closed. 

Furthermore, if the former, please also provide demonstration that your firm is licensed to collect in my state, and provide me with your license numbers and Registered Agent. Failure to comply with the above, or any further lack of communication for 30 days from receipt of this notice, shall constitute waiver of claim and release of obligation.

Please note that should you be in possession of any privileged, private, andor confidential personal information, including but not limited to financial data, it will constitute a violation of the Personal Data Information Privacy Act to sell, transfer, release, or disclose any such information to any unauthorized third party without my explicit prior consent.

Your Name

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection from EOS CCA (ATT) question.

You can send that DV, but legally they don't have to send all of that stuff. Per the FDCPA, they only have to send you the balance owed, the OC name, contact info, and a copy of the judgment if you were sued. You can ask for all the other stuff but they don't have to send it. They also have an unlimited amount of time to respond to the DV. It's not 30 days. The 30 days is the time you have once you receive an initial collection letter from them. If you don't send a DV within the 30 days of the dunning, then a DV is legally ineffective, though most CAs will respond anyway.

Since it is reporting, I'd personally send a DV, though I'd keep it to a couple of sentences (e.g. I pulled my reports and noticed a collection reporting. Per the FDCPA Sect. 809, please send me validation of this debt." or something like that. If they verified and I agreed, then I'd send a PFD.

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dealt with the creditor 2 weeks ago.  Same situation, showed up as a collection acct. for an AT&T bill.  I had zero luck with PFD, however, I paid the amount IN FULL, did not ask for a settlement, and I was then able to email and they deleted the tradeline.  This resulted in a 33 point increase, of course, I had lost the 33 points initially when the acct was added.  However, when I called to pay the collection, I was escalated to the 3rd level of mgmt because I was trying so hard for PFD, and the mgr told me that I could dispute that they had just purchased 3 million new accts.   He said once the acct is paid, that they don't really react to disputes.  I suggest paying it and then disputing or emailing.  Try PFD if you want, but my experiance was a flat out NO.

GOOD LUCK!

Message 3 of 19
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

+1  For a proper DV all that is unnecessary.  Keep it simple and forward.  If they respond to the DV and you agree with it, send a PFD.  Get rid of the debt so it doesn't pop up with another CA.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

EOS CCA just reported on all three CRAs this week.  I had no knowledge of the debt but I moved from CA to FL within the last 6 months so I'm assuming I missed the dunning letter.  $1,028 to boot.  It states openned 8/1/2012 on all three but closed status on EQ/EX but open on Transunion?

I'm awaiting a PM from a user on another thread 'Scott' to hopefully share his contact info/insider for EOS CCA as he had positive experience in getting this CA off his CRs.

Fingers crossed.

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys.  

can you send me a simple DV letter I can print out? 

I am going to try to PFD.    

This debt was made by me from back in lat 2008.   So if they don't delete it, will it only be on my record for a full 7 years or just 2 more?

Thanks.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your Name
Address
City, Zip State

EOS CCA
700 Longwater Drive
Norwell, MA 02061

October 28, 2012

Re: # 

To whom it may concern,

After reviewing my credit bureau report, I discovered that you claim I owe you a debt.  Under FDCPA 809 send me validation of this debt.

Regards,

Your name

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please send me the info that Scott is sending you?  I would just like to pay this in full and have it deleted.

It is not much money, but it if really messing with my scores.

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I replied in the following thread/sent the successful user a PM, and haven't heard back yet.  I only sent the msg a day or so ago as EOS CCA just popped up on all three on my CRs.  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/EOS-CCA-HELP/td-p/1629510 is the thread.  

Message 9 of 19
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

EOS CCA just reported on all three CRAs this week.  I had no knowledge of the debt but I moved from CA to FL within the last 6 months so I'm assuming I missed the dunning letter.  $1,028 to boot.  It states openned 8/1/2012 on all three but closed status on EQ/EX but open on Transunion?

I'm awaiting a PM from a user on another thread 'Scott' to hopefully share his contact info/insider for EOS CCA as he had positive experience in getting this CA off his CRs.

Fingers crossed.

That date doesn't matter.  What is the DOFD?

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.