Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection from medical bill question!

tag
kalani91
Contributor

Collection from medical bill question!

Hello, I forgot to pay a medical bill 6 months ago and then they sent it to collections. How do I check if it effected my credit yet? I pulled up a report from EQ and didn't see any collections. I'd appreciate some help! I'm 98$ away from paying it off and will do so at the end of the month.

EX 724 ,NFCU Cash Rewards 7k DCU Plat 4.1k, Discover IT 2.5k Chase Freedom 2k. . Cap1 Plat $1.5k, Cap1 QS 1k, , Wells fargo 1.5k, Paypal 1.5k
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Collection from medical bill question!

They don't always report to all three CRAs.  You would need all of your reports.  You can get your free ones every 12 months from annualcreditreport.com if you haven't already.

Message 2 of 5
kalani91
Contributor

I checked my equifax report and fico score via score watch and it doesn't show the collection. Is this slightly good? bump! wouldn't it already have showed up?

EX 724 ,NFCU Cash Rewards 7k DCU Plat 4.1k, Discover IT 2.5k Chase Freedom 2k. . Cap1 Plat $1.5k, Cap1 QS 1k, , Wells fargo 1.5k, Paypal 1.5k
Message 3 of 5
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

b/c it was 'sent' to collections doesn't mean that they have reported.  I would just give them a call and have a chat.  If it DID report, ask them about a g/w deletion.  I have been more successful with deletions by speaking to a human than I have by writing!

I caught one collection two weeks before they had scheduled to hit the bureaus, so I headed that one off at the pass! 

Message 4 of 5
kalani91
Contributor

thanks! just called this morning and they said they weren't reporting since i set up a payment plan! I FEEL GOOD now. I really lost an hour of sleep thinking about this.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.