Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection from "Whrm" hurting score badly

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection from "Whrm" hurting score badly

I checked my FICO in June and had a 773. I checked yesterday and have a 660! A collection called "Whrm" (which I believe is West Asset Mgmt from doing searches on here ) agency has blindsided me (and my credit) by reporting I owe a large medical balance from a nearby hospital from 2003 services. After calling the hospital, it turns out the bill was never paid by my insurance, which it should have been, and I was never informed of the problem by the hospital or insurance co all this time. I spoke with the woman at the hospital and she said I am not responsible for this balance, and that she will get in touch with the collection agency to have it removed from the records, which will then be reported to the 3 credit agencies and removed from my credit report "hopefully" within 30 days. My questions are: How do I go about making sure this is taken care of and handled in the proper way? I only got my CR+score from Trans Union, so I don’t know what is showing on the other reports. Should I get the other 2 reports and contact all 3 beuroes and file an investigation on the collection? Should I do it by phone, mail, or website? Which is faster? The reason I need this taken care of ASAP is because I wanted to start house hunting/mortgage applying in this coming weeks, and now I have to put it on hold until this clears. Should I get a written letter from the hospital so I can attach it to my claim with the beuroes? Advice PLEASE!!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection from "Whrm" hurting score badly

Try starting with the HIPAA process.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.