Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection had no effect at all?

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection had no effect at all?

@Anonymous wrote:

ok, so if my TU and EX show a drop off date of 7/14, pretty much means 7/07 was the DoFD?

So thats probably why is hardly hit my report when they added it? 

Yep, give or take up to a few months. The FCRA throws out that 180-day bit. IME, the DOFD based on my statements and drop off dates on the CRs were mostly spot on.

Impact could be influenced by a number of reasons touched on already like how the baddie reports, DOLA, DOFD, existing baddies, etc.

ETA....check via your own records the DOFD. This DOFD is 7/2007. The DOLA is 5/2007. Unless the DOLA is misreporting, DOFD should always preceed DOLA. An account will always go bad (start of DOFD) before the last activity. I personally wouldn't worry about a 2-month difference, and I wouldn't do anything to get that DOLA to change like a dispute (then scores would drop), but worth a review. If you feel the DOFD is fairly accurate, then let it be.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the info!  I am just happy its not knocking around my score

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry two more questions.  One of the CRA's (experian) is showing Midland under creditkarma as a closed account.  Is that a good thing or does not matter kind of thing?

Also another CA is showing DoFD as 7/07 but it shows another line stating date of first MAJOR delqinuency as 5/2011  is that not an issue?

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.