Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection in credit report

tag
Christineebabyy

Collection in credit report

New to this forum Smiley Happy
But I noticed on my credit report that a collection JUST fell off, and I just turned 18 in August and started reading about college. That collection must have been 2 or more years ago but I have no idea how the heck it could since I didn't even know anything about credit and was not of age. Any comments or information or suggestions to give me?!

I was dual enrolled in a college but my high school paid for it but that is about it.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Collection in credit report

Hard to tell, but I would suggest checking it out.

While it may have become excluded from your normal credit report, it remains in your file, and under certain circunstances could still be included in a credit report issued under certain circumstances.  Credit report exclusion is not absolute.

Additionally, if the collection showed an unpaid status, it means that you still have someone out there asserting that you owe a debt.

It might thus be a required disclosure in a future app for credit.  Best to clear it up.

If you dont have the name of the party to contact, you can get that ifor by sending a request to the CRA under FCRA 609(a), for a fee of $11.00.

Message 2 of 3
Christineebabyy

Re: Collection in credit report

It says : Conserve CSG : collection services
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.