cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection is incorrect- DV or let fall off?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection is incorrect- DV or let fall off?

CRA's.  You can take a screen shot of your payment.  Save it as a picture.  Upload that picture when you dispute to the CRA's for documentation.  That will help you get it removed.  Reason for dispute:  account already paid.  In the comments section, state "I paid this via another CA"  Debt was settled.  This collection is invalid.

That will be your quickest route.  You still need a copy of your credit reports though.  They are free and you will need the report number on them to dispute the account.

Message 11 of 17
carolinakiwi

@Anonymous wrote:

CRA's.  You can take a screen shot of your payment.  Save it as a picture.  Upload that picture when you dispute to the CRA's for documentation.  That will help you get it removed.  Reason for dispute:  account already paid.  In the comments section, state "I paid this via another CA"  Debt was settled.  This collection is invalid.

That will be your quickest route.  You still need a copy of your credit reports though.  They are free and you will need the report number on them to dispute the account.

Thanks!  You've been helpful.  :-)

Message 12 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@carolinakiwi wrote:

Thanks.  :-)

Would you be able to explain your opinion more on why a GW instead of a DV?

A DV could end up in the TL being updated, but I see that one of those entries has just been placed on your report. I suggested the GW with proof of your payment because it would show them that they have made an error and have been reporting erroneous information..

Message 13 of 17
carolinakiwi

@gdale6 wrote:

@carolinakiwi wrote:

Thanks.  :-)

Would you be able to explain your opinion more on why a GW instead of a DV?

A DV could end up in the TL being updated, but I see that one of those entries has just been placed on your report. I suggested the GW with proof of your payment because it would show them that they have made an error and have been reporting erroneous information..

Thanks!

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im new to these abbreviations. Can someone tell me what CRA AND FOAD is? And other terms as well? Some are self explanatory.
Message 15 of 17
carolinakiwi

@Anonymous wrote:
Im new to these abbreviations. Can someone tell me what CRA AND FOAD is? And other terms as well? Some are self explanatory.

I understand.  All the abbreviations can be overwhelming.  CRA = credit reporting agency.  I'm not sure what FOAD is because it's not in the abbreviation list.  Here's a link to the abbreviations commonly used.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Guide-To-Common-Abbreviations/m-p/224988?jump=true

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yaaaay a list! That's exactly what I needed! Thanks!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.