cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection item on report company acknowledges that had no apartment to send bill, but won't delete

tag
Renee4479

Collection item on report company acknowledges that had no apartment to send bill, but won't delete

I had a medical collection of $50 from NPAS show up 4/15/2013. I received a bill for $279 and paid it. Of course I thought that was all I owed. I called NPAS they had my address but no apartment number, manager said they did not call me because amount was so small. They let it sit at their office 90 days with no attempt to collect and then reported. NPAS refuses to delete even though they made an error in billing. I paid Methodist Hospital the $50 but did not ask them to retract account from collections. Apparently the first bill was for the doctor only not hospital. I never knew that I owed any one $50. This is only on my experian report and is my only collection and dropped my score 60 points. What can I do?
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.