cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection items removed from TU and then re-added??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection items removed from TU and then re-added??

I just logged into CK and noticed that 3 of my collection accounts were removed from TU only and then re-added to my report as new collections within the 7 days that it takes to update. I do not have any open disputes with TU so I don't understand what happened!! Has anyone else experienced this I hope it doesn't effect my scores or I will be devastated!!!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: Collection items removed from TU and then re-added??

Many times. TU and CK don't work well together always. Best to have a back-up monitor to dbl check.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response! Whew! That's good to know...I think... Funny thing is I do have other monitors myfico being one of them as of today, that just really caught me off guard.

Message 3 of 12
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Was the new collection after the deletion with the same debt collector, or a new one?

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi RobertEG they were the same accounts CA and all deleted and then added back on as if they were new accounts.
Message 5 of 12
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

It's just a glitch. I've had inquiries from almost a year ago, be removed and then added again today. Don't worry.
Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks LShawn08! That sucks about your inquiries

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I literally logged in this morning as well and had the same thing happen to me. Must be something in their system. It stated my collection accounts were closed. Upon looking the collections were listed under my accounts as open derogatory.

I'm guessing it happened to many people and it's nothing to be concerned about, being they are just a third party.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing happened to me but when it readded the accounts. It added 3 late payments.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Something similiar happened to me.  I noticed it on CK this morning for my weekly update.  The collections are gone (paid a LONG time ago), and also had an alert that my BR was posted as public record item but thats been there forever so I dont know.  No alerts on MyFico.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.