Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection not deleted after PFD aggreement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection not deleted after PFD aggreement

Hi all. I have reached a PFD aggrement with CA, I have the letter aggreing to remove the collection with the supervisor signature. On the letter it says that it could take up to 45 days to have the collection removed. Today is the 50th day. I contacted the CA they said they sent the request to delete a month ago. What do you suggest I do? I need to have this collection removed asap. Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: TL not deleted after PFD aggreement

What do you mean by "TL removal?"

All the debt collector can remove is their prior reportng of their collection.  They cannot delete the underlying OC account, or any reportings made by the original creditor.

They did not report them, and thus cant agree to delete them.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TL not deleted after PFD aggreement

@RobertEG wrote:

What you mean by "TL removal?"

All the debt collector can remove is their prior reportng of their collection.  They cannot delete the underlying account, or any reportings, made by the original creditor.

Robert on the letter it says that the CA has purchased the debt from the original OC. So now they own the debt and only the CA is reporting, not the original OC.

Message 3 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Collection not deleted after PFD aggreement

But, even now owning the debt, that does not give them any authority, once the debt is paid, to report any deletion of anything reported by the OC

If no reporting by the OC of derogs remains in your CR, then the CA deletion should clear it all!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

But, even now owning the debt, that does not give them any authority, once the debt is paid, to report any deletion of anything reported by the OC

If no reporting by the OC of derogs remains in your CR, then the CA deletion should clear it all!

Since the OC is not reporting if CA deletes the collection, it should clear it all as you mentioned. However, I call the CA they say they already requested the deletion so they blame on CRA. I call all 3 CRA they say they can't delete unless CA request it so they blame on CA. Is there anything I could do?

Message 5 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I agree with the CRAs

They are only keepers of information.

You need the creditor/CA  to reportt a frim deletion status with the CRA before they will deelte.

Message 6 of 8
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

You can send the letter into the CRA's for proof to remove the negative TL if that is what was agreed.  Even though today is the 50th day does not mean the CRA's have updated your report as of yet either. Give it some more time before you drive yourself crazy. 

You can also follow up with a phone call to the CA and explain to them that it hasn't been removed as per your agreement with them and ask them NICELY if they can resubmit the request.

Good Luck

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

i would try disputing online.. i think this falls into the category of dispute that will be easily dealt with online.  the CA may have updated, but the CRA has not, and it could take months if you don't take action.

see this thread

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/TransUnion-Online-Dispute-Success/m-p/781127#...

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.