Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection not showing DOFD

tag
gbfan10
Valued Member

Collection not showing DOFD

I have a collection from US Bank on my reports for an auto lease.    I disputed in last year and it came back right away as verified.   I wanted them to explain how they came up with the balance owed as the vehicle was a total loss and insurance paid them.   (It may be for late fees??) 

I sent US Bank a FCRA 623 letter and it's been about 3 weeks with no response. 

When I look at my 3 reports,  they fail to include a DOFD in their reports.    I will include examples of how the info is reporting at the end of this message.  

If they are late fees, my DOFD must be very close to the OPEN date of the loan.    How should I proceed with this?  I want to know how long this intends to stay on my report.

ccount Number
xXXX
Account Type
Installment Loan
Terms
60 Months
Date Opened
01/01/2006
Account Status
Closed
Payment Status
Unknown
Payment Status Details
Charge-off
Status Updated
06/01/2013
Balance
$1,352.00
Balance Updated
-
Credit Limit
-
Past Due Amount
-
High Balance
-
Monthly Payment
-
Balloon Payment
-
Contact Phone
(866) 234-4750
Contact Address
PO BOX 130, HILLSBORO, OH 45133
Ownership
Individual
Original Creditor
-
Company Sold-to
-
Original Amount
-
Comments

Last Reported
Jun 30, 2014
Creditor Name
USBANK
Account Type
Auto Lease
Account Status
Closed - Derogatory
Opened Date
Jan 14, 2006
Closed Date
Sep 14, 2010
Limit
--
Term
60 Months
Monthly Payment
$0
Responsibility
Individual
Balance
$1,352
Highest Balance
$25,100
Payment Status
Collection/Charge-Off
Worst Payment Status
Unknown
Date of Last Payment
Feb 26, 2011
Amount Past Due
$0
Times 30/60/90 Days Late
0/0/0
Remarks
Charged off as bad debt
Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gbfan10
Valued Member

Re: Collection not showing DOFD

I just read this on another thread...

Your free full reports from annualcreditreport.com will show either a DoFD or an estimated fall-off date. You can't go by online third party services (like this site, credti karma, credit sesame, etc), as that data is stripped out.

Message 2 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@gbfan10 wrote:

I just read this on another thread...

Your free full reports from annualcreditreport.com will show either a DoFD or an estimated fall-off date. You can't go by online third party services (like this site, credti karma, credit sesame, etc), as that data is stripped out.

This is true, the gold standard is to have a copy of each of your CRs mailed to you from each CRA. A lot of stuff is truncated with online reports a hard copy will show everything.

They do have to report the DoFD by law it just may not be seen with the report you have.

Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The DOFD was separately reported, and must be in your credit file under the code "FCRA Compliance Date/Date of First Delinquency."

The reported DOFD is frequently omitted from commercial credit reports, but at least the expected exclusion date is provided.

You should be able to get one or the other from your free reporte obtained via annualcreditreport.com, or by ordering a report directly from the CRAs.

If neither of those provides the reported DOFD, you can always send the CRA a request under the provisions of FCRA 609(a), which requires the CRA to provide you with any information of record in your credit file.  Section 609(a) requests must be accompanied by proof of your identity along with the current processing fee, which is $11.00.

As an aside, your post title refers to a collection, but the post only relates to an OC account showing a charge-off.

Is there also a reported collection?

Message 4 of 6
gbfan10
Valued Member

I was able to get a copy from free annual report.

It shows the DOFD to be 11/2010

Wouldn't that be the first time I went 60 days late, back in 10/2008?  Or does it reset once you catch it up?

81-Month Payment History

Year    Jan    Feb    Mar    Apr    May    Jun    Jul    Aug    Sep    Oct    Nov    Dec
2014    CO    CO    CO    CO    CO                                  
2013    CA    CA    CA    CA    CA    CO    CO    CO    CO    CO    CO    CO
2012    CA    CA    CA    CA    CA    CA    CA    CA    CA    CA    CA    CA
2011    120    120    120    CA    CA    CA    CA    CA    CA    CA    CA    CA
2010    30    30    60    *      *          *    30        *       *        *        *    120
2009    60    30    30    *    30    *    30    30    30    30    30    60
2008    *          *       *    *      *     *     *      30    60    30    60    30
2007                                            *    *    *    *

Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@gbfan10 wrote:

I was able to get a copy from free annual report.

It shows the DOFD to be 11/2010

Wouldn't that be the first time I went 60 days late, back in 10/2008?  Or does it reset once you catch it up?

81-Month Payment History

Year    Jan    Feb    Mar    Apr    May    Jun    Jul    Aug    Sep    Oct    Nov    Dec
2014    CO    CO    CO    CO    CO                                  
2013    CA    CA    CA    CA    CA    CO    CO    CO    CO    CO    CO    CO
2012    CA    CA    CA    CA    CA    CA    CA    CA    CA    CA    CA    CA
2011    120    120    120    CA    CA    CA    CA    CA    CA    CA    CA    CA
2010    30    30    60    *      *          *    30        *       *        *        *    120
2009    60    30    30    *    30    *    30    30    30    30    30    60
2008    *          *       *    *      *     *     *      30    60    30    60    30
2007                                            *    *    *    *

A DoFD is only set when an account is COed and yes if you catch up an account prior to CO to current that 30 day late would not be the DoFD. The 30 I have marked in red is what I believe to be the correct DoFD. Its definition is the 30 day late that immediately preceeds the CO. It cant be 11/10 as that would be a 120 day late as well. If you never brought the account current from the 30 day late in 2008 and can prove it then that would be the DoFD. Best way to determine it is thru your record of payments to the account.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.