cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection not showing on credit - where to negotiate?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection not showing on credit - where to negotiate?

My first post - just entering the journey of rebuilding my credit and have a lot of questions and plan on being pretty active here. I'd appreciate any help.

I have a Bloomingdale's credit account in collections with a balance of about $1,500. I just received a settlement offer in the mail today (without ever reaching out to them) to settle with three $200 payments spaced 30 days apart and they will consider it paid in full.

My main concern is helping my credit any way I can. I recently pulled all three reports and this agency doesn't show on any (it's been with them for over a year). Bloomingdale's shows up as charged off/closed by creditor, just no collection account for Capital Management, the CA that sent me the offer.

What are my options here? Should I just take this offer they gave me and forget about any credit repair? Should I try to reach out to Bloomingdale's directly? It appears that they didn't sell the debt and that this CA is just trying to collect on it on their behalf, is that a correct assumption? If that is the case, should I try getting Bloom to recall the debt and work with them, or just send Bloom a straight up offer for PFD or to remove the charge-off?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection not showing on credit - where to negotiate?

@Anonymous wrote:

My first post - just entering the journey of rebuilding my credit and have a lot of questions and plan on being pretty active here. I'd appreciate any help.

I have a Bloomingdale's credit account in collections with a balance of about $1,500. I just received a settlement offer in the mail today (without ever reaching out to them) to settle with three $200 payments spaced 30 days apart and they will consider it paid in full.

My main concern is helping my credit any way I can. I recently pulled all three reports and this agency doesn't show on any (it's been with them for over a year). Bloomingdale's shows up as charged off/closed by creditor, just no collection account for Capital Management, the CA that sent me the offer.

What are my options here? Should I just take this offer they gave me and forget about any credit repair? Should I try to reach out to Bloomingdale's directly? It appears that they didn't sell the debt and that this CA is just trying to collect on it on their behalf, is that a correct assumption? If that is the case, should I try getting Bloom to recall the debt and work with them, or just send Bloom a straight up offer for PFD or to remove the charge-off?

Thanks!

If the CA isnt reporting what you want to do is settle with them in exchange for them not reporting their TL. If Bloom still owns it its going to update to a paid CO then you begin your GW letter campaign asking that the entire TL is removed from your CR. If Bloom is updating now every month settling it typically stops that so your Fico can recover.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.