cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection not shown on credit reports

tag
dlin12345

Collection not shown on credit reports

I had settled a collection with convergent end of 2012. Recently, I pulled my credit report along with my score from equifax and tranunion, it was not on there and my score was considered "great."

Is there still chance convergent will report this to the credit bureau in the future?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Collection not shown on credit reports

@dlin12345 wrote:

I had settled a collection with convergent end of 2012. Recently, I pulled my credit report along with my score from equifax and tranunion, it was not on there and my score was considered "great."  Is there still chance convergent will report this to the credit bureau in the future?

Possible, but unlikely.  If they are not actively collecting, and consider teh account closed, they likely won't go to the effort of adding it to your report.

Message 2 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 3 of 9
dlin12345

Nope. No history of collections from equifax, transunion, or experian.

Is there anything I can do at this point to make sure the settled collection never goes onto my credit report?

Message 4 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

No, it is really too late for that.  That would have been in the negotiations with the settlement.

Message 5 of 9
dlin12345

What would be the benefit to the collection ageny to report me to the credit bureaus now 6 months after I settled with them? I also paid off the remaining balance to orginical creditor, that this was also not on my credit reports.

Message 6 of 9
p-
Valued Contributor

@dlin12345 wrote:

What would be the benefit to the collection ageny to report me to the credit bureaus now 6 months after I settled with them? I also paid off the remaining balance to orginical creditor, that this was also not on my credit reports.

Right.  They could, but likely won't.  I would not contact them.

Message 7 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@dlin12345 wrote:

You settled with the CA and paid the remaining balance to the OC.  That is so illegal of them.

There is no benefit, just that they can.  I was just saying your negotiations ended when you settled.

Message 8 of 9
bahbahd
Established Contributor

It is highly unlikely that the CA will newly report way after an account is paid. They report as a means to get you to pay. Reporting is considered a collection activity. CAs are typically not in the business wasting time by of going back over old closed out accounts.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.