New Visitor
tepa1967

Collection offer letter..what to do

Newly joined and have a couple of questions:

I am in the middle of repairing my credit by negotiating a couple of collection accounts.

I received an offer letter from NCO financial williing to accept 50% of the outstanding debt whcih I can pay.

it does give you the option of paying  it via on-line. so my question is.

Do I pay it online and will they automatically send a letter to the credit reporting on their own or should I call them and get them to agree to send a letter to the CR companies

Thanks;

P.S. I did negotiate a settlement on another debt in an installemnt plan and gave them my bank info to withdraw..did I do okay on this? 

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Collection offer letter..what to do

tepa1967 wrote:

Newly joined and have a couple of questions:

I am in the middle of repairing my credit by negotiating a couple of collection accounts.

I received an offer letter from NCO financial williing to accept 50% of the outstanding debt whcih I can pay.

it does give you the option of paying  it via on-line. so my question is.

Do I pay it online and will they automatically send a letter to the credit reporting on their own or should I call them and get them to agree to send a letter to the CR companies

Thanks;

P.S. I did negotiate a settlement on another debt in an installemnt plan and gave them my bank info to withdraw..did I do okay on this? 

Welcome to the forums!

If NCO is willing to accept 50%, and if you have the $$$ to pay, then DV them if you haven't done so and if they verify, then offer a PFD for the 50%. If they accept the PFD, do not pay online, but send a certified check or money order. Paying a CA won't get it deleted unless they agree to a PFD.

Never give out your banking info to a CA. And never talk to a CA and get everything in writing beforehand. I always recommend saving up the $$$ before negotiating anything.

New Visitor
tepa1967

thanks for the advise.

I am just trying to clear all my debts in order to get a home this year..don't know if it's even going to be possible but I am somewhat desperate to get all this cleaned up.

Moderator Emeritus
HappyDays

Check your state for collections laws. If the CA must be licensed or bonded....are they?  Know what your SOL is before doing anything!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+