REALISTICLYSPEAKING2014
New Contributor

Collection payment question....

I paid CO in full today and they sent this to me:

Payment Amount:   1868.84
Payment Date: 06-24-14
Payment Status: Received, verified and posted to your account
Account Status: Closed, Paid In Full

This CA was originally $4,120.00 and I went back to the OC to have the amount disputed and adjusted correctly - The original amount is reporting to the  CRA's as $4,120.00 but the actual corrected amount was $1,868.84, agreed to debt last week and paid in full today. This is the amount that was also adjusted with the creditor.

Will this amount be updated to the correct amount with the CRA's even though this particular creditor wont consider a PFD. Im ok with that as I'm just relieved to have it taken care of.

I assume it will show Paid in full on the next reporting cycle? But which amount? Im concerned it will show the 4,120.00 and then me only paying the $1868.84?

This is the final and last baddie on my report! Whooohooo!!! Such a feeling of accomplishment. Now with a new car (30,000 NFCU loan at 2.7% APR) Im in a  great place to garden and wait for all the good thats going to show from my hard work, patience and guidance from everyone on this forum! 

I wouldnt be here if I hadnt found you! Thanks to all!!!! Truly a blessing!

Myfico scores 1.9.15 EQ 657 EX 688 TU 700
NFCU Plat Visa 15,000 | NFCU Cash rewards 15,000 | Lowes 7500 | Fingerhut 1100 | Amazon Store Card 1,500 | Discover IT 1300 | CAP 1 Qsilver 1300 | JC Pennys 1500 | Dressbarn 1100 | Walmart 2500 | Kays Jewelers 500} Mattress One 4500 \ Ashley Furniture 1500 \ American Home Furnishing 2000
Loans:
NFCU Auto 30,000 | NFCU Nav check 15,000 | NFCU Debt Cons 4100 |

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection payment question....

Continuing to report a bogus amount after it was adjusted to the correct amount would be a violation of law, I would expect that it would show the correct balance and it being PIF, if not I would file complaint with the CFPB. GW letters to the CA every month going forward would be in order until they grant your request and remove it from your CRs. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.