Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection payoff

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection payoff

Im working on rebuilding my credit. I have 4 collections on my credit report. The first one was paid and shows paid as agreed. Two others are newer, one is 50.00 and the other is 144.00 I would like to pay them but would like for them to come off my report. Whats the best way of getting these off of my report? The las one I submitted a dispute online with equifax and it was removed but not from the other bureaus? Do I have to dispute wit the other bureaus as well? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Collection payoff

Hello and welcome.

No, you don't dispute first. I would send off a DV to the ones owed to find out any pertinent information about the debts. Once they are responded to, I would send off a PFD to the CAs. 

As for the one you paid off, I would send a GW letter to whomever is still posting on your report with the 0 balance. 

Disputing with the CRAs isn't needed, because if the debt its yours, it can always come back as verified each time. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I send the PFD to the address showing for the CA on my credit report? As far as the account that I already disputed goes, how should I go about removing it from the other two bureaus since it was removed off of the one? I appreciate your help.
Message 3 of 4
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Do I send the PFD to the address showing for the CA on my credit report? As far as the account that I already disputed goes, how should I go about removing it from the other two bureaus since it was removed off of the one? I appreciate your help.

No, just because it was deleted per one CRA doesn't mean the others will follow suit. Perhaps it was deleted because it couldn't be verified in the 30 days doesn't mean it won't be this time around.

Sometimes I just call and ask the CA for their address and don't let them know the reason of my call. And I send it there. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.