Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection pops back up from ID theft

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection pops back up from ID theft

I have a long history of ID theft from when I was 17, im 18 now.

A collection account from Accellerated Receivables for 247$ poppped up dropping my scores 100 points.

I am working on getting this removed, but they are closed for the night, I faxed EQ which is the only report its on so far, with my police report and info. 

I will contact the CA in the afternoon after work.

My fear, I have a prime credit card with Wells Fargo, My only Prim card and its fairly new, and its my baby.

I hope this doesnt trigger an AA, im so scared. 

and I have a brand new auto loan so im really scared lol. help! advice? anything

*Edit*

It appears after further investigation through google that they mainly focus on medical debt.

Any unpaid medical debt I have was before I turned 18 when i was 17, my dad was responsible for all the bills

I was not as I was a minor.

So they have to remove it from my reports, niiice, this will be easy. 

Message Edited by torry209 on 04-21-2009 12:26 AM
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection pops back up from ID theft

It was deleted as of today!
Message 7 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

Did you ever fill out a police report?

If yes, Go to the FTC's website and print out a fraud affidavit send it and the report in to the CA's fraud dept and send a copy to the reporting CRA to intiate another investigation.

If no, what are you waiting for?

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I have, gotten many things removed with the police report I filed. Thats the first thing I did.
Message 3 of 8
Cinnnamon
New Contributor

You need to get a police report and if someone is using your name, then it will help clear you of any debts as it occured when you were a minor. Here's a link to the FTC affidavit of forgery, fill it out and get it notarized. This has helped me get fraudulent items cleared up off my credit report. I have faxed all my police reports and affidavit of forgery to any collection agencies, creditors, and the top 3 Credit Bureau. You also may need to contact the hospital as your parents are responsible for any of your bills as a minor. Good Luck!

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/resources/forms/affidavit.pdf.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

as stated above, I do have a police report, it has always gotten the job done.

We will see where this dispute goes, i faxed it in. 

Message 5 of 8
Cinnnamon
New Contributor

You want to send it by certified mail, always and also fax it. With faxes, OC and CA can lie to say they didnt recieve it, but with certified mail - they have to sign for it and even they sign with a bogus name, it still your proof it was received at the OC/ or CA. Make photo copies of all letters your send them. And also do a FTC affidavit of forgery as this is the KEY item besides the police you need to help you in this case. This is what I did.

Make copies of :

Police Report ( Make copies and Black the 1st  five #'s of the ssn, XXX-XX- 1234), Don't touch the original copies of the police report. Only make changes to your photocopies that you will be faxing or sending.

Fill out the Affidavit of Forgery and keep the original, but make changes to the copies and black out the same 1st 5 #'s of the ssn.

Send them via certified mailed and return receipt ( green card), to the Original Creditors and Collection Agencies.  And also you need to make a fraud report and get a freeze on your credit report ( might free in your state( it varies) if your a fraud victim. You send in your police report, copies of your ID & SSN, also get a signed & stamped verification SSN letter from Social Security- ( this proves your SSN # is valid), this will show that you were a minor at the time of the fraud.

When you request a security freeze you will get a pin number and you can unlock it/lock it online. Don't share you PIN with no one not even you relatives, your parents, family, as you don't know if they did this to you as a minor. So since your at the legal age, always protect yourself.  My mother applied for a credit card when I was 14yrs old and when I got 18 yrs, I went thru your same situation. And have them deleted.

Send a copy of these items to the OC, CA, and all the 3 credit bureaus. Privy message me and will give you the DIRECT contacts who can escalate you to give these remove quickly. Good Luck.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was deleted as of today!
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have never sent anything by mail.

Always faxed, it gets me faster results. you just have to be forceful lol.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.