Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection question- Convergent

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection question- Convergent

So I have been working on credit stuff for the past 6-8 months and everything has been going great.   All scores almost to 650 and just been aging my accounts and paying in full etc etc (except for one that I leave at 1%)

i wake are up this morning and notice an alert from myfico about a new collection.   I have only had 1 negative ever and it's due to drop off next may/June.  This alert today is from Convergent and it's an old charter cable bill from Id guess 3-4 years ago.  I remember having Charter cable at the last place I lived but I didn't realize that I had a balance. Only thing I can think of was I had one last bill with them when I canceled and somehow forgot to send the amount in.

This is annoying me like no other this morning because everything has been going up for months now.  I just saw this posted to one credit bureau but figured it may hit them all.   The amount is $200 and I wanna pay it so it can get removed asap. 

How do I need to go about doing this?  Are they easy to deal with? Should I call and make payment? Send a letter?  I'm just trying to figure out how to get this off my reports asap.  Any help would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection question- Convergent

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.