Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection question: To pay or keep trudging for PFD

tag
DawgZ
Contributor

Collection question: To pay or keep trudging for PFD

I have been on here learning what I can and it has helped my scores, thank you all. I do have a question that I can't find the answer to so I am asking...

I have 3 collections that I have tried to get PFD but no responses after multiple tries. I also have 1 collection I paid off before I found this site. These 4 items show on my reports until 7 years from the date of the missed payment that caused them to go into collection whether they are paid or not. I am looking to buy a house soon and I need to figure out how to best handle these collections.

Will my scores go up if the collections are paid off? 

My Wallet - Cap1 Visa Signature $13k, Chase Saphire Prefered $13.5k, Well's Fargo Rewards $10k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC $6.5k, Cap1 Quicksilver V $4k, Chase Freedom $9k, Discover IT $7.5k, Amex BCE $34k, Amazon/Chase $2.5k,PenFed V $10.5k, Amex Green

EQ 810(Fico), EX 806 (Fico), TU 815 (Fico)

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
titanofold
Established Contributor

Re: Collection question: To pay or keep trudging for PFD

No, your scores will not go up. When scoring algorithms see a collection account, they see a collection account and don't look any deeper.

However, an underwriter -- A.K.A. human being -- will see a collection account, and will take in to consideration whether or not the collection has been paid.

Keep trying for a PFD via post, email, and fax. Make them succumb to your annoyance!

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.