Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection question

Alright guys , I have one more scenario I need some advice on. I just spoke with Brighthouse NEtworks about the account that went into collections with them that started in 2005. I paid Credit Management the 55 dollars that I owed. The collections dept at Brighthouse Networks is willing to send me a letter stating that the  account I had with them was satisfied and paid in full. They will be sending the letter out today she said. If it is what I'm hoping it will say, how would you guys go about working this. I really don't want to mess this up as this is my LAST derog on EQ and EXP. Would sending the copy of the letter and a short note to the CB's delete it from he reports? Should I send it to both CA and CB? How should I word the letter or say to them? An advise would be greatly appreciated!!! MyFico rocks!!!!!

Message 11 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It wont do much of anything.

Paying an account never remvoes it from your credit report, and thus does not eliniinate it from FICO scoring.

It will remain for 7 1/2 years from the DOFD on the OC account, paid or unpaid.

What it does is improve your profile in a manual review.  It shows you paid your debt.

But no FICO gain.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well the OC is not on my CBR's. I paid that collection to Credit Management LP in 2008. If I send the letter thats coming hopefully stating that the account was in good standing from the OC to the CRA's, would that make any diffrence? Would they (CRA's) see that as contradicting with the CA and possibly make a deletion happen? Or would anything from the OC be no good now since the acct was transferred to the CA and ended there with me paying them( CA) ? Don't get me wrong , I will still try but I'm just curious to know if anyone heard of getting a deletion this way

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.