Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection randomly removed!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection randomly removed!

So one of my old accounts that's due to fall off in March from CAP1 (sold to Midland Funding), according to Equifax on CK says it was removed. Waiting for CCT to allow me to pull my reports so I can see on there. Score didnt bump up, but im so happy if its accurate.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection randomly removed!

I love it when that happens! Happened to me with a $700 Verizon bill. Don't know nor care where it went but it's been a few years since it up and disappeared. 

Message 2 of 6
thesecondtimearound
Valued Member

I'm in the same situation, but I'm terrified it's going to pop back up again. It's only $138, I don't mind paying it--I just don't know if I need to contact the OC or the deleted CA. Thoughts?

My apologies if this is hi-jacking. I wasnt sure if it was ok to start a new thread with the same topic.

Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If a collection is simply deleted, then it is speculation as to why the debt collector reported the deletion.

If their collection authority has been terminated, either because they have sold the debt to another, or if they dont own the debt, their collection assiggnment was terminated by the owner of the debt, then CRA policy instructs that they delete their reported collection.  Thus, their deletion may be required per CRA policy.

However, if they simply chose to delete for any other reason, such as they no longer wish to pursue the debt and want to clean up their books, they could reinsert at any time.

In either case, it may still be beneficial to pay the current owner of the debt in order to remove any future issue of still having an unpaid, delinquent debt.

Existence of any unpaid, delinquent debt can still become a basis for denial of new credit should a prospective creditor become aware of the debt.

Credit report exclusion or deletion does not negate the debt.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received an alert from CK for an account deletion. Don't know why it was deleted....nor do I care! Adios! **please stay gone 😞** Resulted in a couple fako point increases. Works for me.
Message 5 of 6
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

If it was sold it might be a blessing in disguise(provided you can pay, or want to pay lol, and your address is current), as the new owners could probably send a notice of intent to collect before they start reporting, giving you a chance to pay this account before it gets re-reported by the new agency.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.