Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection removal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection removal

I have a $60 collection on my credit report from a collection agency. The dr office that I owe this money to is the owner of this debt but has assigned this debt to the collection agency. The dr office has never sent anything to a credit bureau about this debt. I have talked to the dr office and they have told me I can come pay the $60 at there office and they will contact the CA and ask them to remove the collection. Does everything sound right here?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Collection removal

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a $60 collection on my credit report from a collection agency. The dr office that I owe this money to is the owner of this debt but has assigned this debt to the collection agency. The dr office has never sent anything to a credit bureau about this debt. I have talked to the dr office and they have told me I can come pay the $60 at there office and they will contact the CA and ask them to remove the collection. Does everything sound right here?

Yeah, it sounds like a good deal to me.   Hopefully the CA will comply with their request to remove it,  I would think that they would do this since the OC still owns the debt.   There is always a chance that the CA won't remove.......but hopefully it will work out.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its for $60 so its worth the chance. The CA is RS Clark, from what I hear they rarely remove anything but I am desperatly trying to get this last collection removed

Message 3 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Have you spoken with the debt collector, or offered them a PFD?

I see no benefit in paying the OC directly unless you have exhausted PFD attempts with the debt collector.   

Message 4 of 11
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Call the CA offer PFD if theysay they dont do that tell Doctors office you want the collection pulled back from the CA. When they confirm by letter that it is solely thier account(DR office ) dispute the item with CRA's as CA wont own the debt they will be not be able to validate ...CRA's will delete. Pay doctor Hope that helps

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA under no circamstances will PFD, OC will not pull back until its paid. The only thing showing on CR's is from the CA, nothing has ever been reported by the OC. What do yall think, is Hippa a option. 

Message 6 of 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

CA under no circamstances will PFD, OC will not pull back until its paid. The only thing showing on CR's is from the CA, nothing has ever been reported by the OC. What do yall think, is Hippa a option. 

If this is the case then I would just take the word of the OC that they'll pull it back from the CA and that it will be deleted from your reports.   If for some reason it is still there then you could try the HIPPA process as well.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 7 of 11
annielorie
Valued Contributor

+1 pay the doc ask the person taking payment when they will pull back from CA I guess you have to go on a leap of faith.  I see no reson for the DR. office to lie. Let us know what happens

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

make sure you get a receipt and send a copy to the CA, they have to remove

Message 9 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you pay the OC, that will automatically terminate the collection by their agent, so the debt collector will then be required to update their reporting to $0 under collection, and close the collection.  So, to that extent, the collection will be "pulled back."

However, there is no such thing as an OC "pulling back" prior reporting made by a debt collector.  They have no authority to promise deletion by the debt collector.

They can ask the debt collector to delete, but cant compel it.  Since the OC never reported, there is no PFD issue to offer them.

PFD with the debt collector would, in my opinion, be the best route.  Paying the OC is not apt to put the debt collector into a more receptive mood to later grant a GW deletion.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.