Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection removed! 29pt jump!!!

tag
JayPaulM29
Regular Contributor

Collection removed! 29pt jump!!!

Transunion updated and removed a Comcast collection off my report! Thank gawd because I've been considering paying them off ($256) but I guess time got in the way and again THANK GAWD it did! I got a very nice little 29 point jump on transunion. New TU score is now 680, right in line with my EQ score (682). Now if only my EX score will cooperate and join the other two in the high 600's. 

I can literally smell the 700 club, it's around the corner. My report has no baddies, a few missed payments from early 2014, but only time can let those dissipate. I have 3 revolving accounts that are new, that haven't been reflected yet. BoA CL $1k, Discover IT CL $1.5k, & Venture CL $5k. So I'm wondering once those are reflected on my CR, will I get a nice little jump. Util currently is 14%, that'll drop down to roughly 9% by the 6th. 

Should I expect a jump by mid-March? 

Also I plan on getting rid of the Credit One card. i'll pay the measly $90 balance and close her! Should I add another card to my arsenal? Perhaps Barclay? AMEX and Chase don't care for a guy like me lol

EQ 686 TU 692 EX 673// Goal 725's across///Gardening 2/20/15...Up for air 11/20/15
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection removed! 29pt jump!!!

@JayPaulM29 wrote:

Transunion updated and removed a Comcast collection off my report! Thank gawd because I've been considering paying them off ($256) but I guess time got in the way and again THANK GAWD it did! I got a very nice little 29 point jump on transunion. New TU score is now 680, right in line with my EQ score (682). Now if only my EX score will cooperate and join the other two in the high 600's. 

I can literally smell the 700 club, it's around the corner. My report has no baddies, a few missed payments from early 2014, but only time can let those dissipate. A "baddie" is also a late and is not exclusive to CAs, PRs and COs. I would suggest you start a GW letter writing campaign to get those lates commuted.  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

I have 3 revolving accounts that are new, that haven't been reflected yet. BoA CL $1k, Discover IT CL $1.5k, & Venture CL $5k. So I'm wondering once those are reflected on my CR, will I get a nice little jump. Util currently is 14%, that'll drop down to roughly 9% by the 6th. Hard to say what you will end up with as they are not your first 3 cards per your siggy though I would be expecting some since overall util will decrease to below 10%.

Also I plan on getting rid of the Credit One card. i'll pay the measly $90 balance and close her! Should I add another card to my arsenal? Perhaps Barclay? AMEX and Chase don't care for a guy like me lol I would dump that Credit 1 as you suggest and I would just sit pat and let what you have age, no more apps till your new accounts pass 6 months of reported history. i would use the time you are gardening to sit down and think of what you really want in a card (travel rewards, cash rewards, low interest, etc) and strategize what you will next app for.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Im new here! I have a comcast on mine too! Now my zero balances that ive paid that is still on my credit, when they are removed will i have a jump too or is it only if there was a balance?
Message 3 of 10
JayPaulM29
Regular Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@JayPaulM29 wrote:

I can literally smell the 700 club, it's around the corner. My report has no baddies, a few missed payments from early 2014, but only time can let those dissipate. A "baddie" is also a late and is not exclusive to CAs, PRs and COs. I would suggest you start a GW letter writing campaign to get those lates commuted.  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

I have 3 revolving accounts that are new, that haven't been reflected yet. BoA CL $1k, Discover IT CL $1.5k, & Venture CL $5k. So I'm wondering once those are reflected on my CR, will I get a nice little jump. Util currently is 14%, that'll drop down to roughly 9% by the 6th. Hard to say what you will end up with as they are not your first 3 cards per your siggy though I would be expecting some since overall util will decrease to below 10%.

Also I plan on getting rid of the Credit One card. i'll pay the measly $90 balance and close her! Should I add another card to my arsenal? Perhaps Barclay? AMEX and Chase don't care for a guy like me lol I would dump that Credit 1 as you suggest and I would just sit pat and let what you have age, no more apps till your new accounts pass 6 months of reported history. i would use the time you are gardening to sit down and think of what you really want in a card (travel rewards, cash rewards, low interest, etc) and strategize what you will next app for.

Thanks gdale! I wrote Cap1 Auto in regards to removing those 30 day late payments, but they denied my request because they are forced to report actual information (blah blah blah). So I guess at this point I have to just wait it out. 

Ok, it'll be hard but I can sit still for 6 months and let this credit grow positively. You know, I had Credit One since mid January and they are still not on my CR. I have to wait until payment posts and with them it'll be almost a week before that happens. 

Yeah I'm thinking I'll see something positive once they are reflected on my CR. Once my CR is up to date, it'll make it easier for me to have a strategy. Right now all I'm doing to paying bills and keep util low. 

EQ 686 TU 692 EX 673// Goal 725's across///Gardening 2/20/15...Up for air 11/20/15
Message 4 of 10
JayPaulM29
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats! Im new here! I have a comcast on mine too! Now my zero balances that ive paid that is still on my credit, when they are removed will i have a jump too or is it only if there was a balance?

If you're referring to your collection accounts that you paid down to $0, they'll remain on your CR for apprx 7 years I believe. Unless you contact the CA's to see if they can be kind enough to remove those since you already paid them off. 

Message 5 of 10
JasonBourneOfCredit
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, just curious, what does our 700 club smell like? I hope its pancakes or something. lol

Message 6 of 10
JayPaulM29
Regular Contributor

JasonBourneOfCredit wrote:

Congrats, just curious, what does our 700 club smell like? I hope its pancakes or something. lol

Thanks Jason! 

LOL. I'm thinking it smells like barbeque on a hot 4th of July! BUT I'm not opposed to smelling pancakes either! 

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So i guess the 600 club smells like Eggos lol
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pancakes sound good. I may eat that later on tonight.
Message 9 of 10
JasonBourneOfCredit
Frequent Contributor

Thus, the 800 club must smell like lobster or steak and caviar!

edit: Avatar updated to reflect 800 club aspirations.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.