cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection removed. Will my score rebound?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection removed. Will my score rebound?

In 2006 I had a BMG Music account and ordered CD's and never paid the bill. I was a minor in 2006, and now that I am a 19 year old adult the $47 was put on my 3 reports Oct. 19, 2010 and dropped my Transunion FICO from 754 to 664. I have paid the collection agency the $47 debt and they submitted to all 3 bureaus to completely delete any record of a collection. I called Transunion after I paid the $47 and explained to them my situation, and even though the collection still appeared unpaid, they went ahead and removed the collection due to no contact information on the collection agency, and due to me never receiving a phone call or a letter stating it would be put on my credit if I failed to pay(I explained this and they determined there was no way to contact the collector.)

Will my score rebound back up to 754 now that my report shows 0 collections?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Collection removed. Will my score rebound?

Welcome.gif to the forums, 

Hi htoday, Thats a hard question to answer, but guessing I would think your CS should return to the score prior to the CA, if not somewhere close to it.

When you find out, please share what you find out. 

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 3
eparker
Frequent Contributor

Re: Collection removed. Will my score rebound?

it is hard to say.....but Smiley Wink I have seen on here were people have gotten 40-60 points after a collection deletion.  My wife had two deletions removed and got 54 points.  Hope this helps.

Good luck....Smiley Happy

Starting Score: Mid 500's
EQ-701 TU-693 EXP-698
Goal Score:750+

NavChek $15,000/NFCU nRewards Visa $12,000/American Express Rewards Gold NPSL/USAA Rewards World Mastercard $7000/USAA Visa Platinum $7000/Barclay $3900/Credit Union Visa $5000/Jareds $7600/BofA Visa $4000/USAA MC $1500/Walmart $1200//Amazon $1000/Discover Card $750/Cap1 $2250.

the FICO Fitness Challenge
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.