cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection removed by EX but no score movement at all (FAKO)

tag
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Collection removed by EX but no score movement at all (FAKO)

Got a notification today that my dispute concerning California Service Burea (CA) resulted in it's deletion! I ran to update my USAA to find it's gone, but my FAKO didn't move at all. Dissapointed Smiley Sad

It was opened 7/2009 and reported on as a 1 month Collection. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
s9

Re: Collection removed by EX but no score movement at all (FAKO)

Hi wHiTeSoL

I'm new to the forum so I wanted to know if you could please give me some advice on my situation?

I'm in the same situation but I wanted to know what did you do in order to get the collection remove? It states that It was opened 9/12/2011 but I paid it to the orginal creditor on 9/6/2011.  I have my check where it shows it was cleared.

Message 2 of 5
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@s9 wrote:

Hi wHiTeSoL

I'm new to the forum so I wanted to know if you could please give me some advice on my situation?

I'm in the same situation but I wanted to know what did you do in order to get the collection remove? It states that It was opened 9/12/2011 but I paid it to the orginal creditor on 9/6/2011.  I have my check where it shows it was cleared.

Take your time and read threads like this one

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/What-Steps-Do-I-Take-Do-I-DV-PFD/td-p/337142

In this case I disputed this debt as not mine, it came out of nowhere and they wouldn't send me any type of verification. I got two paid COs removed lately by just writing them GW letters so you might want to take this route if it's already paid. 

Message 3 of 5
DaBears
Senior Contributor

I would call the OC and let them know that they sent the account to a ca 6 days after it was paid in full. They should be able to call the CA and let them know it was referred in error.

Message 4 of 5
txmomma26
Regular Contributor

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

Got a notification today that my dispute concerning California Service Burea (CA) resulted in it's deletion! I ran to update my USAA to find it's gone, but my FAKO didn't move at all. Dissapointed Smiley Sad

It was opened 7/2009 and reported on as a 1 month Collection. Any ideas?

If I'm thinking correctly, not all FAKO scores "count" collection removals, I'm  not sure about USAA.  Either way, it would depend on what else is left on your report that may be holding you back. And just because the FAKO doesn't move, doesn't mean the FICO is still stuck Smiley Happy  I had a couple major derogs removed months ago....and my FAKOs moved like 5 points.

Start: (2-26): EQ 602 (Myfico) TU 579 (Credit Karma) EX 634 FAKO
Current: (7-12): EQ 690(myfico) WalmartTU 696 EX 689 (lender 6-3)
1st Goal: 680 across the board - DONE June 2013!
2nd Goal: 725 across the board
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.