Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection removed no score boost

tag
hendersj31
Valued Member

Collection removed no score boost

I had a Midland collection removed from my credit report a few weeks ago and like the title says....no score boost.   0 point increase.   This collection is fairly recent, I believe around 6 months old so I was really expecting some sort of gain.  I was wondering why I didn't receive a score watch alert by now so I finally just bought the updated report and score.  The collection is not on the report but the score did not budge.  There has been no other negatives on my report and no balances have increased on revolving accounts.  Not much else to say, just wanted to share my disappointment.  I am at 683 and was hoping this would put me over 700. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: Collection removed no score boost

Same thing here, yet when I checked back there was a +17 increase....just a few days later.  Weird is right.  Hopefully someone in the know will be around.

Message 2 of 4
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

I would say wait a couple more days. Updating usually takes a bit (they are quick to report negative changes, but take their sweet time for something positive).

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 3 of 4
dmorey
Contributor

Maybe the boost will come later than you anticipated? I've been working on getting stuff removed with no noticeable boost in almost three months. But this week for no identifyable reason my score has gone up almost 50 points. Thinking it just happened later than I anticipated. Hopefully it will be the same for you.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.