Valued Member

Collection removed no score boost

[ Edited ]

I had a Midland collection removed from my credit report a few weeks ago and like the title says....no score boost.   0 point increase.   This collection is fairly recent, I believe around 6 months old so I was really expecting some sort of gain.  I was wondering why I didn't receive a score watch alert by now so I finally just bought the updated report and score.  The collection is not on the report but the score did not budge.  There has been no other negatives on my report and no balances have increased on revolving accounts.  Not much else to say, just wanted to share my disappointment.  I am at 683 and was hoping this would put me over 700. 

Senior Contributor

Re: Collection removed no score boost

Same thing here, yet when I checked back there was a +17 increase....just a few days later.  Weird is right.  Hopefully someone in the know will be around.

Established Contributor

I would say wait a couple more days. Updating usually takes a bit (they are quick to report negative changes, but take their sweet time for something positive).

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Contributor

Maybe the boost will come later than you anticipated? I've been working on getting stuff removed with no noticeable boost in almost three months. But this week for no identifyable reason my score has gone up almost 50 points. Thinking it just happened later than I anticipated. Hopefully it will be the same for you.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.