Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection reporting

tag
jordanhand
Contributor

Collection reporting

I sent a PFD to enhanced recovery systems about a month ago and after telling me they did not do PFD they took the account off my credit report without me paying anything and my score increased! HOWEVER, as of today it is back on there...... Why did they take it off and put it back on??? Can they do this?

Credit Karma~Equifax-643
Trans union- 627
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection reporting

@jordanhand wrote:

I sent a PFD to enhanced recovery systems about a month ago and after telling me they did not do PFD they took the account off my credit report without me paying anything and my score increased! HOWEVER, as of today it is back on there...... Why did they take it off and put it back on??? Can they do this?

If they removed it of their own accord and they are collecting on a valid debt within the allowed reporting timeframe then yes, they can put it back on.

A simple DV to ERC was enough to get their entry removed for many.

Message 2 of 4
jordanhand
Contributor

I just sent one out... so if they cannot " Vaildate" the debt .. what is my next step? Thank you!

Credit Karma~Equifax-643
Trans union- 627
Message 3 of 4
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@jordanhand wrote:

I just sent one out... so if they cannot " Vaildate" the debt .. what is my next step? Thank you!

You can usually send it to their email (the standard one on their website) for a DV.

If they cannot validate the debt, then they will take the mark off of your credit. In fact, I have seen instances of them sending back validation and removing the mark anyway.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.