Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection resurfaced

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Collection resurfaced

Had an old collection in 2006 and i ignored it for the longest time. According to EX, it is scheduled to remain on my report until Dec 2012. From the longest ime I didnt hear from the collection agency.

3 weeks ago I get a letter from them to pay the amount. I'm so close to the Dec 2012 deadline. I saw that they softed my EX also.

What should I do?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Goal850
Regular Contributor

Re: Collection resurfaced

I think you should just leave it alone and let it fall off in Dec. Im new here maybe one of the Vets can chime in and verify if thats the best move

Message 2 of 5
sge760
Contributor

Well I assume the statute of limitations has passed, so they can't sue you for the money.

What is the amount of the collection?  I think it's up to you if you want to pay the debt.  

Have you tried to speak with them? Maybe you can use as the December fall off as leverage to receive a pay for delete agreement with them and have it come off earlier....

Message 3 of 5
sge760
Contributor

By the way, that's awesome!  Only 12 more posts away from 5000 Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

"Dont pay" advice on legitimate debt is contrary to the terms of service agreement for the site.

Better worded advice might be "if you dont pay, the results would be....."

Their is benefit, apart from FICO scoring, to having no unpaid, delinquent debt.  CR exclusion is not absolute, and is not the only way potential creditors could become aware of old, unpaid debt.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.