Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection that just won't drop

tag
rkb84
Contributor

Collection that just won't drop

In 2012 I started to work on my reports to close on a house, I had one bogus collection from Cspire that should have never been there. After battling the collection agency for months, I ran out of time and has to pay it anyways just to close. After a BBB dispute they basically said they could not get information to support their claim as being mine, and agreed to delete tradeline from my reports. Well it's still here in 2016 on TU and Experian, disputes do nothing and the CA won't respond at all. This is continuing to hurt my credit, and chance of getting decent rates. What are my next options?

The CA goes my multiple names: Asset Acceptance/Mountain State Adjustments/MS Services

I have the letter from them through the BBB dispute, but the diputes through TU and Exp did nothing. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection that just won't drop

Did u attach the letter with your disputes?
Message 2 of 12
rkb84
Contributor

I did attach, the letter is pretty straight forward I can't believe it didn't even get recognized.Asset Acceptance.jpg

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long ago did the agree to delete it?
Message 4 of 12
rkb84
Contributor

October of 2012

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm no expert, but at this point couldn't you pursue legal action? Or at least threaten it? Sometimes that's all it takes, so long as you're in the right.

Message 6 of 12
azguy13
Senior Contributor

I would file a complaint with the CFPB. make sure to attach the letter and any other supporting documentation.  

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

That seems pretty rock solid and it should be deleted.  I agree try the CFPB compliant, its pretty easy to do.  If that doesn't work then I think legal action is all that's left.  I'm in a similar situation and I'm contemplatling legal action.

This is the frustrating part of the process the CRA's don't do jack squat when you give them clear cut info in your dispute.  They rely solely on the CA for their info and their completely within their rights to do so.  This hurts conusmers scores and costs us money.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly, I'd pursue legal action.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm no expert, but at this point couldn't you pursue legal action? Or at least threaten it? Sometimes that's all it takes, so long as you're in the right.

You might mail them a copy of the letter with a request for deletion or else you will retain a lawyer.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.