cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection...

tag
marik

Collection...

I have this collection with Sprint. I moved and had nothing but problems with the service. for moths I was going back and forth with techs trying to Get this resolved. All I got was empty promises. Any who I left sprint now I'm in collection. Now a third party has the account.  The amount is like 1450. They have lowered it to 849. I offered the company 400 dollars. they told me they couldn't take 400. Should I keep fighting it or is the 849 the best they can do? The rep that called me today told me that if it goes to a different agency that the amount will go up. Is that possible or legal?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection...

@marik wrote:
I have this collection with Sprint. I moved and had nothing but problems with the service. for moths I was going back and forth with techs trying to Get this resolved. All I got was empty promises. Any who I left sprint now I'm in collection. Now a third party has the account.  The amount is like 1450. They have lowered it to 849. I offered the company 400 dollars. they told me they couldn't take 400. Should I keep fighting it or is the 849 the best they can do? The rep that called me today told me that if it goes to a different agency that the amount will go up. Is that possible or legal?

Leaving a company due to non performance ot their contract does not mean you have to pay them it is a 2 way street,  file complaints with the FTC & CFPB

Message 2 of 4
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Yes unfortunately its legal. Every CA that gets it will add interest and charges to it. Have you asked them to remove it in exchange for receiving payment?
Message 3 of 4
marik

@randyrhodes wrote:
Yes unfortunately its legal. Every CA that gets it will add interest and charges to it. Have you asked them to remove it in exchange for receiving payment?

Yes they say they can't  delet it or lower it. They told me sprint doesn't allow them to.... Not sure if that's true...

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.