Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection?

tag
Te3030
Regular Contributor

Collection?

I have a $55 medical collection on my CR, I just called the debt collection agency to inquire about paying it, but I was informed that I actually owe $180 from a total of 6 different accounts all from the same year, all from the same hospital. I want them to send me proof of the debt, she said she requested a letter with the amount.

My question is, why does my CR only show 1 collection? Are agencies only allowed to post 1 if multiple exist? Since they are all from the same year I would assume all 6 would be individually listed on my CR?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection?

@Te3030 wrote:

I have a $55 medical collection on my CR, I just called the debt collection agency to inquire about paying it, but I was informed that I actually owe $180 from a total of 6 different accounts all from the same year, all from the same hospital. I want them to send me proof of the debt, she said she requested a letter with the amount.

My question is, why does my CR only show 1 collection? Are agencies only allowed to post 1 if multiple exist? Since they are all from the same year I would assume all 6 would be individually listed on my CR?

I would be grateful for the mistake they made, yes they can post all 6 there is nothing  limiting them to just 1. On these you can call the OC and ask them to cancel the collection and then pay them directly and if they refuse you have the option of the HIPAA Process, you can Google it we cant discuss it on this board,.

Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.