Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection

I have 4 collections account, and wondering if I pay them off, how can I get them off my report.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Re: Collection

You can try to do a PFD pay for delete. You agree to pay in full if they agree (in writing preferably) to then remove the tradeline from your reports.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What collection agencies are these debts assigned to. Are they valid? You can google myfico (collection agency name) to see results
These are the steps you can take:
You can ask if the original creditor will pull back the account.
You can ask for pfd
You can pay without pfd and send GW letters

I'd say if your short term goal is to apply for loans or credit, paying it off will help your score a lot. Some will say that even if you pay and it stays on your report wouldn't help you much but a debt is a debt.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It the debt is under revolving status then yes it will help your score if you pay it as it will lower your utilization. But always try to see if you can pay with a deletion first before anything.
Message 4 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the forums! As mentioned try the PFD first. Even a couple of times. If that doesn't work, you can pay them anyway, then send out GW letters for deletion.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

As others stated, contact the collection agency and ask if they will delete it from your credit file if you agree to pay it in full. Ask for a supervisor if necessary. If they won't budge, offer a settlement, and then start sending "good will" letters asking for removal since it is paid - be persistent. 

If any of the collections are medical, google "Why Chat's HIPAA" process and follow it precisely step by step.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.